Danny Penman is an International Bestselling Author and Expert In Mindfulness Meditation.
In this episode we delve into how Mindfulness Meditation can help us Reduce Pain, Manage Stress, and allow us to live a Healthier and Happier Life.
He is co-author of the international bestselling Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World. He has received journalism awards from the RSPCA and the Humane Society of the United States.
In 2014, he won the British Medical Association’s Best Book (Popular Medicine) Award for Mindfulness for Health: A Practical Guide to Relieving Pain, Reducing Stress and Restoring Wellbeing (co- written with Vidyamala Burch). His books have been translated into more than 25 languages.
In this episode you will discover:
- We talk about who can benefit from mindfulness meditation
- What are the benefits of starting this practise
- The research being Mindfulness Meditation
- Reducing stress, worries and anxieties with Mindfulness Meditation
- How to begin meditation
- Some resources to start you on your meditation journey
- How Mindfulness Meditation leads to a healthier and happier life
Danny's Top 3 Tips For A Healthy And Happy Life
1) Getting outside for a walk
2) Try a small meditation (coffee or chocolate or both)
3) Appreciate little things in life, it makes the bigger things better
Find out more about Danny and his work:
Author's Website - (including free meditations)
Resources Mentioned In The Podcast
Parting piece of advice:
Just start meditating, no matter for how long.
Headspace App– Sign up for free introduction into Mindfulness Meditation. This is the app I used everyday for years and how I started into Mindfulness Meditation.
Enjoying The Podcast?
Then I would really appreciate if you could please Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and leave an honest 5 star rating so that the Choose Health Podcast can help more people improve their health.