T h e A r t O f A s k i n g
David Owens is a street musician.
He has played in 35 different cities in Europe in front of hundreds of thousands of people on streets, in concerts and at festivals.
5 years ago he left his job as an engineer/mathematician to travel and busk and today he is a one of the top street musicians in Ireland.
David performs behind a grand piano on Grafton St. in Dublin where he also plays the guitar.
He is a singer-songwriter with a soft yet strong voice which carries the emotions of his music.
The conversation takes us through David's journey from making music at 5 to where he is today about to perform in his first large solo gig at a dedicated music venue.
Some of David's work:
- Leaving his job in order to travel and to play music
- Performing in 35 European cities
- Getting instant feedback on the streets
- How asking for money in exchange for his art has allowed him to do what he loves
- Insecurities as an artist
- Responses to his music, gifts received and stories from the streets
- Connecting to people through his music
- Making music for the sake of making music
- How doing something he loves has helped him grow as a person
- Ambitions for the future
Want To Find out more about David and his work?
Listen To The Episode:
Before You Go:
I hope you are enjoying the podcast.
If you feel that this project is one worth contributing towards then I would please ask you to become a Patreon for The Croí8 Show on the podcast's dedicated Patreon page.
Any money you can contribute towards this project is massively appreciated and it allows me to create the very best content for you and get it out to you each week.