Dr. Michael Ruscio is a functional medicine doctor, clinical researcher, author, and health enthusiast.
Dr. Ruscio practices Functional Medicine in California where he helps people who are suffering from symptoms of chronic illness through simple steps to get better.
This episode talks about chronic illnesses and their link to our gut health and how we can address this.
- Dr. Ruscio’s story and how he got into Healthcare and Functional Medicine.
- What is Functional Medicine.
- How he helps people with their health.
- How important gut health is.
- Dr Google and why we should avoid paying him a visit.
- What are the symptoms of poor gut health, what can they manifest as outside the gut
- How can we tell for sure if our gut is affecting our health negatively
- Biggest contributors to poor gut health
- Link between mental health and gut health
- Benefits/ stories of people who he has worked with
Key take homes?
-Try The Paleo Diet for 30 days.
-How to develop overall wellness and live your life as you want.
Dr. Ruscio’s Top 3 Tips For A Healthy And Happy Life
1) Optimising Gut Health
2) Enjoying Life and Pay Attention To Every Other Area Of Your Life
3) Find and Pursue What You Love
Find Out More About Dr Ruscio:
Dr Ruscio’s Book
Other Resources: (Non Affiliate Links)
Headspace App– Sign up for free introduction into Mindfulness Meditation. This is the app I used everyday for years and how I started into Mindfulness Meditation.
Enjoying The Podcast?
Then I would really appreciate if you could please Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and leave an honest 5 star rating so that the Choose Health Podcast can help more people improve their health.